packaging system

Wolf, Robert (ext) Robert.Wolf at sydac.com.au
Mon Nov 18 04:02:50 CET 2013

.... yet another question.
I usually do apt-get install to get things from repositories.
I know there are other systems like this on other linux-es.
Lunar uses lin.
Is it something specific to Lunar only?
Can I still use apt-get on Lunar along with lin?
Will I be able to have access to all sorts of repositories?
Lunar, Debian, Ubuntu, Red-Hat, etc?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Robert Wolf
C++ Programmer
SYDAC Pty Ltd (A Knorr-Bremse Company)
153 Wakefield Street, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Office: +61 8 8239 3600, Fax: +61 8 8239 3699
Robert.Wolf at sydac.com.au<mailto:Robert.Wolf at sydac.com.au>
http://www.knorr-bremse.com
http://www.sydac.com.au<http://www.sydac.com.au/>

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.