Hello world

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Sat Jun 19 12:06:17 CEST 2010

Hey Marek,

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 08:17:36AM +0000, Marek Pasnikowski wrote:
> Hi!
> My name is Marek, I am 18 years old, I live in Poland and my previous 2 years
> were an exciting journey into Linux world. I tasted all major DE's (GNOME, KDE,
> XFCE, LXDE, Fluxbox) and many different distros, like Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora,
> Debian, Arch and, lastly, Gentoo. About a week ago I discovered Lunar.

It's nice to watch the direction of your journey :)
You've gone the same way so many fellows went before..
So... Welcome to the root ;)

> I can see, that Lunar is not doing well lately. Mirrors are not working
> correctly, Wiki lacks most basic documentation, Forums are offline. Please,
> don't die, don't leave me now, when I discovered you.

Are we dying?*puzzled* would be new to me...
You should really visit #lunar sometimes(although it may take some time 'till
others realize you've written something - so stay in there a couple of hours)

Which mirrors are you talking about?
You know of `lvu edit <module>` and `lvu submit <module>`?
The first one allows you to modify a module in the moonbase,
the later one to submit it to an queue, where (most of the time ;))
developers are listening who apply your submission to moonbase if everything
is fine. Feel free to contribute your changes this way.

Which documentation are you missing - not that there would be much to document.
There's `man lfirsttime` telling you about `lin`, `lrm`, `lvu`, `lunar`
and there are a couple of interesting files in
/var/*/lunar (shell scripts, log files, moonbase, dependency-files, ...),
and there is /etc/lunar.
That's everything a full installation knows about lunar I'd say,
so why writing documentation of files everyone can read in a day..?

Concerning the forum... afaik lunar doesn't attract a lot of people,
who like Web2.0, so just stay with the mailinglist.
There are few mails per week, but that doesn't imply nobody is listening. :)

> I can help write wiki pages, first.

Feel free to do so..

> I also have a vision, as to what Lunar should become. In addition
> to the amazing package manager, automatic hardware configuration tool
> should be created. This would give Lunar an enormous advantage,
> as all source-based distros require manual configuration.
> Who still wants to manualy edit text files
> to make his box run without problems?

We really should discuss this on IRC...

> I hope I didn't come too late...

I suppose I missed something, if you do..

v4hn