Hello world

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jun 19 11:30:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 08:17 +0000, Marek Pasnikowski wrote:
> Hi!
> My name is Marek, I am 18 years old, I live in Poland and my previous 2 years
> were an exciting journey into Linux world. I tasted all major DE's (GNOME, KDE,
> XFCE, LXDE, Fluxbox) and many different distros, like Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora,
> Debian, Arch and, lastly, Gentoo. About a week ago I discovered Lunar. I
> immediately fell in love with this distribution. Prior to discovery I always
> dreamt of a Linux, which I can easily compile. Gentoo didn't do the task,
> because it's so complicated.

Welcome to Lunar! Glad you like it.

> I can see, that Lunar is not doing well lately. Mirrors are not working
> correctly, Wiki lacks most basic documentation, Forums are offline. Please,
> don't die, don't leave me now, when I discovered you.

We are far from dead, and we won't leave anytime soon. Things are in
motion to improve the current state of Lunar. New ISO, improve
documentation, improve functionality etc. We are a small crew and most
of us work on Lunar in our spare time.

>  I can help write wiki
> pages, first. I also have a vision, as to what Lunar should become. In addition
> to the amazing package manager, automatic hardware configuration tool should be
> created. This would give Lunar an enormous advantage, as all source-based
> distros require manual configuration. Who still wants to manualy edit text files
> to make his box run without problems?

Help is always appreciated. We try to encourage our userbase to assist
us either writing new modules, updating modules or writing
documentation.

> I hope I didn't come too late...

Not at all. Please join us on IRC, channel #lunar on freenode.org. Most
of the developers are active there.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold