Hello world

Marek Pasnikowski marekpasnikowski at interia.eu
Sat Jun 19 10:17:36 CEST 2010

Hi!
My name is Marek, I am 18 years old, I live in Poland and my previous 2 years
were an exciting journey into Linux world. I tasted all major DE's (GNOME, KDE,
XFCE, LXDE, Fluxbox) and many different distros, like Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora,
Debian, Arch and, lastly, Gentoo. About a week ago I discovered Lunar. I
immediately fell in love with this distribution. Prior to discovery I always
dreamt of a Linux, which I can easily compile. Gentoo didn't do the task,
because it's so complicated.
I can see, that Lunar is not doing well lately. Mirrors are not working
correctly, Wiki lacks most basic documentation, Forums are offline. Please,
don't die, don't leave me now, when I discovered you. I can help write wiki
pages, first. I also have a vision, as to what Lunar should become. In addition
to the amazing package manager, automatic hardware configuration tool should be
created. This would give Lunar an enormous advantage, as all source-based
distros require manual configuration. Who still wants to manualy edit text files
to make his box run without problems?
I hope I didn't come too late...
Goodbye for now, I don't feel like talking right now. (The Songs of Distant
Earth happen to be quite depressing, when played on tiny laptop speakers,
instead of just calming). ;(