alsa

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat May 12 13:35:23 CEST 2007

Saturday 12 of May 2007 06:10:11 cesar l. wrote:
> Zbigniew: Thanks for reply. I saw the forum that you said and readed
> 33 pages from a thread :P

These folks should write a book "How to make Asus mainboards useful" :-)
This subject is older than a year and still remains active.

> One more thing: I don't get installing the alsa-driver from moonbase when I
> tried.
> A lot of zero division errors. This alsa-driver is the version 1.0.11,
> while in alsa home page
> the last stable version is 1.0.13.

There are 3 modules: alsa-driver 1.0.11, alsa-lib and alsa-util 1.0.13.
If you use linux-2.6 module (kernel 2.6.x) you do not want to install
alsa-driver because alsa-driver is built in kernel at version 1.0.14rc3
However you still need to install alsa-lib and alsa-utils to have complete and
fully usable alsa.

The alsa-driver 1.0.11 is for linux-2.4 module users only (for people who
still use kernel-2.4.x).

zbiggy