alsa

cesar l. cesarlimap at gmail.com
Sat May 12 06:10:11 CEST 2007

Finally I get the sound works :D
Thanks all.

Zbigniew: Thanks for reply. I saw the forum that you said and readed
33 pages from a thread :P

I installed a patched alsa-driver 1.0.14rc3:
http://www.inf.ufg.br/~sergiodaniel/alsa-driver-1.0.14_PATCH_rc3-p5vdc-x.tar.gz

One more thing: I don't get installing the alsa-driver from moonbase when I
tried.
A lot of zero division errors. This alsa-driver is the version 1.0.11, while
in alsa home page
the last stable version is 1.0.13.

On 5/11/07, Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:

> Friday 11 of May 2007 17:50:16 cesar l. wrote:
> > My motherboard is asus a8n-vm.
>
> I have Asus A8N-VM CSM.
>
> The problem you have is with codec Analog Devices SoundMAX ad1986a chip.
> It has nothing to do with chipset or bios. Just wait for new alsa driver.
> Now
> search the link below for temporary fixes found by other users.
>
> Go here:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14
> and search this forum using AD1986A keyword. Many people discussed the
> same
> problem you have.
>
> BTW However I have this codec on board it is disabled. When I bought this
> mainboard on November 2005 I gave AD1986A a try. Even configured well it
> sounds horrible in Windows XP and Linux too. The sound, however mostly
> clean
> is very flat and without bass and with high frequencies cut. My analog
> telephone during distant calls gives more ambience and sound richness.
> Just
> bought cheap second hand SB Audigy2 and the difference is incredible
> better.
> SB Live/Audigy can give you more sweets like hw accelerated OpenAL or
> wavetable synth or hardware mixing. Most tools are in lunar as modules. I
> can
> give you some tips how to make use of them. Beware of Creative cheap
> imitations like SB Audigy/Live 24bit or SE/LE. Just look for real EMU10K
> chip
> and you are at home.
>
> BTW Update your bios. Asus has dirty acpi bugs on chip. We were flooding
> Asus
> with bugreports a half a year till they fixed it. Without bios update you
> can
> get occasional freezing and hung ups. USB seems to be broken before 1000
> version and used to hang during transmission. S-video output is fixed at
> 1001
> bios or later.
>
> There is dirty unfixed forever bug is in video bios. But if you do not
> play
> real mode DOS games you'll never see it. Dosbox bypasses this bug using
> its
> own emulation engine. Asus is aware of this VBIOS bug but it will remain
> unfixed because they do not support DOS anymore.
>
> zbiggy

cesar l.