alsa

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat May 12 15:26:04 CEST 2007

> There are 3 modules: alsa-driver 1.0.11, alsa-lib and alsa-util 1.0.13.
> If you use linux-2.6 module (kernel 2.6.x) you do not want to install
> alsa-driver because alsa-driver is built in kernel at version 1.0.14rc3
> However you still need to install alsa-lib and alsa-utils to have
> complete and fully usable alsa.

Just thinking aloud here, but it would be really neat if there was some
way to tell lin not to build a user-space module if the corresponding
kernel-space driver had already been configured into the current kernel.
A sort of CONFLICTS, but where you could give the kernel config option.

It would be also neat if it worked the other way too, where adding a
kernel-space driver to the configuration would check against all of the
user-space modules and give a warning. I suspect that's too difficult.

Duncan / engelsman