Module submission - wxGTK

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 18 20:14:10 CET 2007

tchan wrote:
> If you look closer at wxGTK and wxPython modules, you'll see that I've
> done most of the recent changes/testing for both modules. I've previously
> tested 2.8.0.1 and have decided NOT to version bump these modules as
> wxPython is indeed broken.  As for the rest of your change to the BUILD
> script, yes we should probably do that but it will wait until the version
> bump for wxGTK/Python.

Again I bow to the voice of experience, especially as I can't get the
wxPython part to work on Lunar.

Strangely enough, once I figured out how to install cairo and gtk+-2 under
$HOME on CentOS at work, wxPython installed without problem using a simple
configure --prefix for the 'wxGTK' part, and a python setup.py build for
the wxPython part. Just let configure work out what could be installed.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get this to work on Lunar, and I don't see why.

Thanks for the feedback. Saves me spending all weekend on it too.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman