Module submission - wxGTK

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 16:17:53 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:11:46PM +0000, duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl wrote:

> module name       : wxGTK
> suggested section : libs
> update (y/n)      : y
> bugfix (y/n)      : n
> security (y/n)    : n
>
> bumped to 2.8.0.1
> as part of update of wxPython dependency tree
>
> simplified the BUILD file to let the configure work things
> out for itself, and although it installs, there are some
> oddities that I can't work out. configure in a user directory
> detects OpenGL. configure within lin does not.
>
> However, I haven't tested because I haven't been able to build
> the corresponding wxPython using this new version. For some
> reason it fails to find some include files.
>
> It looks like almost all of the devs have looked at these two
> modules in the past, so maybe someone can see whether I've
> done something wrong with this one.
>

> Duncan / engelsman

If you look closer at wxGTK and wxPython modules, you'll see that I've done
most of the recent changes/testing for both modules. I've previously tested
2.8.0.1 and have decided NOT to version bump these modules as wxPython is
indeed broken.  As for the rest of your change to the BUILD script, yes we
should probably do that but it will wait until the version bump for
wxGTK/Python.