Redundand second slash in SOURCE_URL variable [cosmetic bug]

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Jan 7 05:33:39 CET 2007

> this bug is caused by the module writer. The $PATCH_URL already contains a

Thanks for information. I'm writing about mirrors urls, not patch url.
I made mistake. lget udev will not show this bug as lunar's udev module uses
hardcoded url. To see this bug using moonbase module one can use lget xinit
for example (97KB total download size, clean it up from spool/lunar before
downloading).

There are two ways of solving this issue:
1. Cut the ending / from /etc/lunar/mirrors/* files lines and use
SOURCE_URL=$mirror_URL/path in modules as everybody do
2. Write module using SOURCE_URL=${PATCH_URL}path and
leave /etc/lunar/mirrors/* files unchanged.

I'm for 1st way of fixing as most module writers use SOURCE_URL=$mirror_URL/
and we can save 2 {} chars per SOURCE_URL variable. Thanks to this most
modules do not have to be patched and DETAILS files are smaller. Another
advatange of 1st fix is easy, fast fix by automatic removing ending / from
all lines at /etc/lunar/mirrors/*.

If you browse /etc/lunar/mirrors/ directory you'll see that SFORGE uses no
slashes at end of line, rest of mirror files has slash at the end of line.

I appreciate creativity of module writers and mirror list creators but think
that an little agreement and standardisation would help everybody.

Making a script which will parse lines to fix // problem will add unwanted
overhead.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski