Redundand second slash in SOURCE_URL variable [cosmetic bug]

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Jan 5 16:45:42 CET 2007

Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How about removing the ending slash / from mirros lists
> inside /etc/lunar/mirrors/?
>
> For example launch lget udev and look at displayed url:
> ftp://ftp.pl.kernel.org//pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev-104.tar.bz2
> there is ugly double slash at .org//pub string.
>
> I just would like to know your opinion before will start working on this
> issue. Of course someone else can fix this for me :-). This is a matter of
> cleaning up files in mirrors directory and checking all modules for
> compability with fix.
>
> This bug shouldn't have any impact on downloading but looks ugly and may look
> confusing for some rare servers.

this bug is caused by the module writer. The $PATCH_URL already contains a '/' at the
end and the DETAILS file looks like this:

      SOURCE2_URL=$PATCH_URL/
      SOURCE3_URL=$PATCH_URL/
<<<

The lunar core code handles double slashes already, but not when they are passed to that
code directly by the DETAILS file ;)

(I'll fix all occurrences of this problem in moonbase)

Cheers,

Auke