Module submission - ScientificPython

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 22 17:07:33 UTC 2006

! DANGER, Will Robinson!

Since the upgrade to Python-2.5, and the change to the numpy
module in moonbase to install the real numpy-1.0rc1 instead of
the deprecated numeric-24.2, this ScientificPython module update
will fail.

If the propsed netcdf module is already installed on the system,
the build process will fail. This is probably moot because the
proposed netcdf module hasn't been accepted into the moonbase.
[Is there a way to 'lrm netcdf', build, and then 'lin netcdf' ?]

In addition, even though it is possible to change BUILD to:
   python setup.py build --numpy
as described in the README, it warns that:
   "that this is a new feature and not very well tested"
and the two test files in the Src/Tests directory fail.
I haven't done any further testing.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman