[1.6.0 ISO][patch] charmap not defined when loading console font(update)

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed May 3 20:27:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006 14:23:20 +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:
>> I would rather make it as generic as possible and include it - lunar is
> not
>> a large group enough to sustain all sorts of offspring, and frankly it
>> would be rather easy to add the charmap option to the ISO, except that
> the
>> available charmaps are of different formats and I need to find a
> solution
>> to enumerate them properly.
>>
>> Other than that I think it's a good addition and the ISO already has
> some
>> foreign kbd/lang/font support anyway.
>>
>> Auke
>
> All charmaps are here: /usr/share/consoletrans/*.acm.gz

I know where they are, that is not the problem. The problem lies in the code I have to write to make the menu's list them properly, preferably with some descriptive text about what the charmap actually is (e.g. do you know what iso04 is???).

I do not want to maintain a list of available charmaps, it would be outdated quickly and increase maintenance work.

Auke