Thanks (really!)

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon May 23 22:10:33 UTC 2005

> Zbigniew Łuszpiński wrote:
>  > But if I post new module with maintainer line (like libXvMC) and my
> >
> > e-mail is cut this is insane. I really was ready to maintain this module
> > because I build every new version for myself. The same was with other
> > modules. But if developers do not trust me they will have to take care of
> > it now. I'm curious how will they do that if they never use libXvMC.
>
> zbigniew, u got it man, I am adding your name as MAINTAINER in the
> libXvMC module as wel speak. I am dead serious about this, this is not a
> joke.

Thanks. I'm serious since beginnig.

> I will also read back on the modules that I missed in the past from you,
> and see if they cannot be assigned to devs or otherwise merged into
> moonbase. Again thanks for your submission.

Here is the list of modules I posted in May:
xmms-mad (new module)

NFORCE (new module replaced old one with my new install script and driver
architecture) (now included in moonbase)

libXvMC (new module, now included in moonbase, I'm maintainer :-) thanks!)

mozilla (only version update, small fixes to download section, already in
moonbase)

!!! These modules have to be added to moonbase all or none because they depend
on each other !!!
dirmngr (new module, depedency for my new gnupg-1.9.x module)

gnupg-1.9.x (new module, replaces old and not compilable newpg)

libassuan (new module, dependency for my new dirmngr)

libksba (module update)
!!! End of dependent modules list !!!

All modules I post are checked 3 times by me so they are always working.

I also posted optimization patch which add -freorder-blocks to theedge and
removes -mcpu=.

The removal of -mcpu= however was bad idea. There are many programms which
have built in optimizations like -m486 or -mcpu=pentium. Specyfing -mcpu= in
lunar will replace such stupid opts with one chosen in lunar. This happens
becuse lunar options are placed in command line as last options. If gcc finds
few -m486 and -mcpu=pentium opts and at the end of options list the lunar's
-mcpu= gcc will choose lunar's because it was specified as last option and
overwrites previous.

> I want to express my gratitude for everyone that ever committed a module
> and didn't get their name included somewhere in the documentation. I will
> try to find a way to make up for this. Please help me look for a solution
> that is both practical and gives proper tribute to everyone.

Folks at sourcemage have web page where there is list of developers with
information about which functions they are responsible for.
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=The+Source+Mage+Developers
Thanks to this users can directly send bugs or solutions to the man resposible
for that part of code. We at lunar could have the same list. Another list
could be created for contributors assigned to their modules. The users will
send bug reports directly to author of module. If author can not hadle it he
sends bug report to mailing list and the rest of contribs and devel help
fixing it. The contributor has more knowledge than user so the bug report
will have higher quality than this got from user. Better report = faster fix.

> Regards,
>
> Auke Kok (aka sofar)

greets,
Zbigniew Łuszpiński (aka zbiggy)