Thanks

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun May 22 20:14:25 UTC 2005

> Hi,
>
> well, my english is a bit bad - So i probably don't understand whats the
> meaning here
>
> I think it is okay, to write "submitted by xxx" but copyrights/mailadresses
> and stuff like that isn't important Because Bugfixes help and everything
> else should go via the Lunar mailinglist, so that every developer or every
> user can help - Not only the Author of a Module.

I do not agree. Why bothering lots of people with e.g. little error like
spelling mistake in module description or new version. Drop a mail to
maintainer and he will fix it. If maintainer can not handle it he will ask on
mailing list, forum or will post bug with better descripion and diagnose than
any newbie could write.

> I Understand that Authors
> want there "name" there. i want this too. But it's not important, important
> is that every user can submit, every user can help and every user can
> fix/change/edit an module. Otherwise we don't need an Open Source
> Distribution and i thought Lunar is Open Source ;-)

My first though was to help developers. They do not always have time to answer
all my questions. (And I'm very lunar knowledge hungry). You can send
anything but it will take ages to wait for reaction: again lack of time, not
bad will.

> Well it's better to have a 'direct' contact to the module author cause of
> updates and stuff like that, but it's not important in my humble opinion.

Fresh updates and lots of modules - this people like. The great lunar scripts
are very important but in my opinion modules make lunar strong (on
workstations and at especially home).

> If my english was to broken/bad ask perldude to translate it :^P
>
> Modules are for all of us, it' doesn't matter if there's a module from
> sofar, from wdp, or from zbiggy.

From user point of view maybe it doesn't matter. From developer point of view
it does. Why bothering everybody on the mailing list about update of one
module? Drop message to contributor who made module to update and thats all.
I'm sure contributor will do this faster than overworked developer who have
other more important things to do. There is big difference between me
(zbiggy) and sofar. Sofar is almost everywhere (I afraid to open can :-)),
does big work  and I only posted few modules and a patch. And you also want
sofar to update and fix everything. Man be human let live developers.

greetz,
zbiggy