I surrender

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Sun May 8 00:57:35 UTC 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 2:53 pm, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Quoting Dennis Veatch <dveatch at woh.rr.com>:
> <snip>
>
> > By and large I consider a desktop/workstation to be the same. With the
> > prior not necessarily having a network connection. I suppose pendantic
> > types would argue over that but well.
> >
> > The only real draw back I can see using Lunar in a production environment
> > is the compile times. Even then I don't see where that's something that
> > cannot be worked around. After all you, sofar and I'm sure others use it
> > there.
>
> That can be cured by using distcc from one machine to all the others to do
> the updates then share the cache files amongst the other machines (NFS
> mount it) and then they can just install the already compiled caches with
> your options across the network. Compile once and install everywhere. ;)
> (that's assuming that all of your machines would have the same options and
> packages. If not you can setup several shares for each "role").
>
> -sandalle
I have one even better, i have been working on it in my spare time what little
i have.  I am writing a bash interface to howl to add and remove network
services,  i know bonjore will work on the moon :-P

once i finish that program up ill have the beginnings of auto discovery for
network source and cache caches :-P

to top this off clad may get auto discovery for the installed lunar systems on
the network

hardkrash