I surrender

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat May 7 12:43:11 UTC 2005

Paul Norton wrote:
> On 5/6/05, Remco Lubbers <remsys at linux-adept.nl> wrote:
>
>>Guys!
>>
>>I have been following this thread and I feel I have something to add
>>(constructively ;-)...
>

> I'm not sure why you think it's ok to run a small distro that has
> about 5 developers working on it..

you don't need to understand everything. People have a free choice to
pick whatever distro they like. This is typically the strength of
linux/unix and lunar in particular. Debian might not be an option to him
at all. It wouldn't meet my requirements for instance

> whereas debian has hundreds and it much more stable for a workstation
 > (I think Lunar is perfect for a server as long as the admin knows what
 > he's doing).

it's also fine for a workstation permitting the fact that gnome is a mess
every release, kde is huge, and even xfce releases can be broken (4.2.1 -
panel)... That's the fact in any distro. Now, the 5 developers that rig
together our workstation modules are doing a damn fine job if I may say so.

sofar