[Lunar-bugs] [bug] Gtk-Perl needs libglade and gtkhtml

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 21:14:34 UTC 2005

--- Couannette <couannette at free.fr> wrote:
> I'll consider remove Lunar from my system if it
> can't provide & maintain
> software pkgs even if it's not very good software.
>
> Why do Lunar is upgrading KDE & GNOME all the time
> and there is no real stable
> release ?

  I can try to respond to the question :) Well a
frozen stable release is very boring. At least for a
guy like me. A stable distro it's debian for example.
But even for debian there are many distros based on it
which try to be more up to date with the released
versions of the components. We are a small distro. The
number of developers is not so huge. So, we try to
avoid the boring phase of this distro in order to keep
up the audience :D For example in KDE there are many
improvements and bug fixes for every release.
Backports are out of question here. There is no one to
do this, so it's better to update the KDE modules as
fast as we have tested it by a few interested
developers (special mention here for Jol and beko). I
hope that my answer is a bit satisfactory on that
matter. KDE is addressed to the win newcommers and to
the people which need a more complete (and a bit
bloated :) desktop in Linux.

   Yours,

      Florin