wordperfect

Remco remsys at linux-adept.nl
Wed Jul 13 11:58:05 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 03:32 am, Remco wrote:

>>>Anyone got a real wordperfect document they can send me? Something that
>>>uses a good portion of wordperfects function would be nice. I've created
>>>a module "libwpd" that can be used by koffice to import those but I don't
>>>have wordperfect to try it out. Or if you would rather try the module
>>>yourself here is it. You'll need to recompile koffice.

>>I think I still have some old WP docs laying somewhere; I'll have to do
>>some digging though. I'll send 'em to you off-list if I find something
>>useful, ok?

> Thanks Remco. I should have specified English but no matter. KWord brought it
> up fine. The formatting appeared to be correct in that what appeared should
> be bold text was indeed bold text. Dot bullets were there, I assume that was
> intentional.

it was....

> The telephone number section was centered.

hmmmm, should be 3 columns (name, tel, email)

> So libwpd appears to
> work as advertised. BTW would you happen to remember was version of
> WordPerfect was used? Doesn't matter really, just curious.

Must have been 5.1; I have been using 6.0 for a while as well, but if I
remember correctly I used the 5.1 format as a default....

Good going! I'd like to be able so write word-docs as well (preferably
from OOo, but that's not the issue here) is that going to be possible in
the (near) future?

Remco