wordperfect

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Jul 13 12:08:27 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 07:58 am, Remco wrote:

> >>I think I still have some old WP docs laying somewhere; I'll have to do
> >>some digging though. I'll send 'em to you off-list if I find something
> >>useful, ok?
> >
> > Thanks Remco. I should have specified English but no matter. KWord
> > brought it up fine. The formatting appeared to be correct in that what
> > appeared should be bold text was indeed bold text. Dot bullets were
> > there, I assume that was intentional.
>
> it was....
>
> > The telephone number section was centered.
>
> hmmmm, should be 3 columns (name, tel, email)

Yes 3 columns, I guess you were using tabs and not the centering function. But
yeah, those were nice and neat, no shifting of anything. The line above those
for Rob was wordwrapped, the email address that is. Don't know if that was
intentional.

There may be a few minor errors but I don't know that any importation is
always 100% but in this case it looked liked it nearly was.

> > So libwpd appears to
> > work as advertised. BTW would you happen to remember was version of
> > WordPerfect was used? Doesn't matter really, just curious.
>
> Must have been 5.1; I have been using 6.0 for a while as well, but if I
> remember correctly I used the 5.1 format as a default....
>
> Good going! I'd like to be able so write word-docs as well (preferably
> from OOo, but that's not the issue here) is that going to be possible in
> the (near) future?
>
> Remco

I just noticed the file you sent the extention was .doc (Microsoft Word) and
not .wpd. I may have to try this again. Do you have anything with a .wpd of
no consequence?