sysklogd and 2.6 kernel

Jaime Buffery nestu at espresso.foo-projects.org
Mon Feb 14 09:02:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:06:26AM +0100, Auke Kok wrote:
> Sometimes I wonder... anyway. The patch has been merged in moonbase and
> patches, builds and compiles (and runs!) fine on 2.4 kernels. I have no
> 2.6 boxes around at the moment to test the patch on so please checkout
> moonbase in 15 minutes and give it a run if you have a 2.6 kernel (and
> let us know, thanks).
Last time I tested it didn't work with 2.4 -somebody else tested that obviously.

> Anyway, maybe I'm an old fart but syslogd runs and runs stable. In this
> case old means decent, nobody touch my syslogd!!!
I did not say it was crappy. I said it was old (about 4 years old, I think), and
I never said it Got-Its-Job-Done (TM). All I said was that if he fancied
compiling it, it would break without the patch, since it was needed and wasn't
2.4 compatible ('cause that's the news I had, even listed on the old 2.6 howto
at ll.org).

> sofar
Ciao,
nestu :)