Module submission - ffmpeg

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 30 00:11:16 UTC 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 11:53 pm, Chad R. Kittel wrote:
> dveatch at woh.rr.com [Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:02:39 +0000]:
> > module name       : ffmpeg
> > suggested section : video
> > update (y/n)      : n
> > bugfix (y/n)      : y
> > security (y/n)    : n
> >

> > Besides the imlib addition I posted earlier, this one here adds
> > shared postprocessing abilities.
>
> Reguarding the imlib2 addition,  unless you are running a different
> version than what is in the moonbase (or i am crazy, which is
> possible), i do not see a ./configure option that says
> --enable-imlib2.  At least not a configure option that is printed
> via ./configure --help.  However looking at the compile logs for my
> currently installed ffmpeg I do see that a imlib2.so is created and put
> into /usr/lib/vhook/imlib2.so.  I do not know what that is about or
> for, but that is about the only imlib2 reference i see as it relates to
> ffmpeg.

Video hooking    yes
SDL support      yes
risky / patent encumbered codecs yes
Imlib2 support   yes

I have noticed on many occasions a um certain discrepancy between what
configure help says you can do and what running ./configure says. I think
this is one of those discrepancies.

> Also i see you were looking to enable the shared postprocessing (via
> --enable-shared-pp).  Is there any benifit to also turning on just the
> simple post-processing flag of --enable-pp.  Does --enable-shared-pp
> work without also having --enable-pp?

--enable-pp is for static, guess what --enable-shared-pp is for :)

The two do not mix, at least they did not for me. With both the make bombed
out.