Module submission - ffmpeg

Chad R. Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Mon Aug 29 23:53:07 UTC 2005

dveatch at woh.rr.com [Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:02:39 +0000]:

> module name       : ffmpeg
> suggested section : video
> update (y/n)      : n
> bugfix (y/n)      : y
> security (y/n)    : n
>

> Besides the imlib addition I posted earlier, this one here adds
> shared postprocessing abilities.

Reguarding the imlib2 addition,  unless you are running a different
version than what is in the moonbase (or i am crazy, which is
possible), i do not see a ./configure option that says
--enable-imlib2.  At least not a configure option that is printed
via ./configure --help.  However looking at the compile logs for my
currently installed ffmpeg I do see that a imlib2.so is created and put
into /usr/lib/vhook/imlib2.so.  I do not know what that is about or
for, but that is about the only imlib2 reference i see as it relates to
ffmpeg.

Also i see you were looking to enable the shared postprocessing (via
--enable-shared-pp).  Is there any benifit to also turning on just the
simple post-processing flag of --enable-pp.  Does --enable-shared-pp
work without also having --enable-pp?

Thanks

--
  _