weekly news - 20040326

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Mon Mar 29 23:10:06 GMT 2004

Op Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:44:01 +0000 (GMT) schreef maintainer at lunar-linux.org aan
lunar at lunar-linux.org:

> Speaking about docs, we've taken up the massive task of getting some more,
> better and well-written documents. Hopefully everyone kicks in and helps
> out with one of the *many* documents we have in the planning. Amongst others,
> this list will include Networking, Security, Gnome, KDE, kernel-2.6 and more...
> Anyone who feels like it is hereby invited to join the effort. Even if you
> want to write one paragraph about *anything*... please help!

I'd like to help out on some docs, because it's the main thing which makes
people (that I know :-) choose e.g. Arch over Lunar and I wonder whether or not
that is deserved? I prefer the concept of a system-optimized linux over a
distro which is a bit less optimized but better documented and has a more
active community, although I can understand that not everybody feels like
trying and erroring a lot, but likes to just copy-paste the error in a forum
and find a recent answer....

Anyways:
Where's the documentation about how this documentation-project is organised ;-)
Will the docs be in English only?
What would you like me to do, if anything?

Cheers!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)
| Linux kernel 2.4.25 | Lunar 1.4.0 | XFce 4.0.4 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |