linux-beta (2.6.7)

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jun 29 13:16:55 GMT 2004

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> With linux-beta I had no network connection, couldn't ping anyone outside the
> box though localhost and the NIC could be pinged and ifconfig/netstat showed
> everyone was there for the party.
Works fine here.

> What fixed it was compiling the driver (3c59x) into the kernel. This is the
> first time I've encountered this sort of problem and have no idea why 2.6.7
> has to be this way since the last several incarnations of 2.6.7 worked with
> it as a module. Couldn't find anything in the logs under either scenario to
> suggest a troubleshooting path.
I have it as module, w/o any problem.

 > Is this a bug in the kernel or Lunar?
Can you explain how this could be a Lunar bug?

CU,
nestu ;))))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)