Problem recompiling MPlayer

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 11:01:07 GMT 2004

--- "Carl R. Powers" <powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil>
wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Don't be upset with me.  I did what you said.  The
> latest time stamps in
> my /var/spool/lunar/ are (2004-01-23)
>      21:00  lunar
>      21:37  moonbase
>      21:46  live
> These are all MST times, which are 2 hours later
> than your EST times.
>
> I just checked the main (US) site of
> lunar-linux.org/lunar/cache
> and it still contains the live.2003.04.11.tar.gz
> package while the
> parent live.com site package is now at
> live.2004.01.24.tar.gz.   I
> believe moonbase is still calling for
> live.2004.01.23.tar.gz.  So,
> cache did not get updated and maybe the live release
> is going to
> stabilize where you can catch up.
>
> I still don't understand why lunar downloads and
> installs live
> when it's not selected, but at least it's working
> now.  I've found
> and fixed other problems on 3 installations (no DMA
> support for
> CD/DVD drives, missing a52dec package, missing
> MPlayer-skins
> package).  Still have some fine tuning to do.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Carl Powers
> <powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>

Hi Carl,

I have updated the live version. The problem with
downloading it is that it's in the DETAILS file. If
you dont want it, you must create a separate module
for live and put an optional depend on it in DEPENDS
file. IMHO it does not worth it because the live
tarball have under 350 Kb length. It's not so big.

Regards,
  Florin