Problem recompiling MPlayer

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Mon Jan 26 11:10:34 GMT 2004

Jeff,

Don't be upset with me.  I did what you said.  The latest time stamps in
my /var/spool/lunar/ are (2004-01-23)
     21:00  lunar
     21:37  moonbase
     21:46  live
These are all MST times, which are 2 hours later than your EST times.

I just checked the main (US) site of lunar-linux.org/lunar/cache
and it still contains the live.2003.04.11.tar.gz package while the
parent live.com site package is now at live.2004.01.24.tar.gz.   I
believe moonbase is still calling for live.2004.01.23.tar.gz.  So,
cache did not get updated and maybe the live release is going to
stabilize where you can catch up.

I still don't understand why lunar downloads and installs live
when it's not selected, but at least it's working now.  I've found
and fixed other problems on 3 installations (no DMA support for
CD/DVD drives, missing a52dec package, missing MPlayer-skins
package).  Still have some fine tuning to do.

Thanks for your help.

Carl Powers
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>