Problem recompiling MPlayer

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jan 24 03:43:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 03:31, Carl R. Powers wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I got MPlayer recompiled with "live" support.  The "live" package was still
> not found, so I went directly to the "live" home site and retrieved it
> from there.
> The version there is now 2004.01.23 so I modified moonbase and MPlayer
> compiled OK.  I also changed the default video driver from "xv" to "gl"
> which
> should do better.  Need to recompile the other MPlayer pieces as  I'm now
> getting a lot of "config not found" errors, a blank blue screen, and no
> gui.
> Always something.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Carl R. Powers
> <powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>
>
> Jeff Hodges wrote:
> >On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 19:17, Carl R. Powers wrote:
> >

> >>Recompiling MPlayer fails because the package
> >>      /lunar-linux.org/lunar/cache/live.2004.01.19.tar.gz
> >>is not found and apparently does not exist.
> >>
> >>"live" support is not enabled so I don't know why it's trying to
> >>download this package anyway.  I tried commenting out all mention
> >>of this package in the moonbase MPlayer entry, but to no avail.
> >>
> >>The current version of MPlayer (1.0pre3) is already installed.  I'm
> >>just trying to recompile it.  Have tried with and without the "r"
> >>option.
> >>

> >MPlayer's DETAILS have been changed to reflect the new live tarball.
> >Grab the moonbase around 2205 EST to get it.
> >Thanks.
As I said before, run a lunar update (or a lin moonbase) and then try
installing MPlayer.  I edited the MPlayer DETAILS file to reflect the
new live tarball many hours ago.  You did not need to hand edit it
yourself if you had waited until after 2205 EST (the moonbase is
tarballed up every hour, the extra 5 minutes is just to make sure you
dont get the old version).
Later.
--
	Jeff

Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.
                -- Fran Lebowitz
http://jmhodges.pycs.net