sylpheed strange behaviour

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Sun Feb 29 14:52:38 GMT 2004

this is a problem because sylpheed uses gpgme 0.3.x series

and this series is installed in a different directory

the there is a profile.d rc file that is installed in /etc/profile.d

snip

if [ "x$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" == "x" ]
then
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lunar/gpgme-0.3.x/lib
else
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/lunar/gpgme-0.3.x/lib
fi

end snip

that sets this enviroment variable

the question i have is why is this not being run?

for your ~/.bash_profile and such did you just copy over a previous one from
another distro?

there are some parts that should be merged to account for the modularity of
lunar

hardkrash