sylpheed strange behaviour

Mike Mandel mandel at stud.fh-hannover.de
Sun Feb 29 20:40:53 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have some problems with sylpheed.

If I add an icon to the panel of XFCE4, and click on it, sylpheed starts and everything
works fine.
But when i try to start sylpheed via xterm i get this and sylpheed won´t start:

sylpheed: error while loading shared libraries: libgpgme.so.6: cannot open
shared object file:No such file or directory

I have tested this with sylpheed, sylpheed-gtk2 and sylpheed-gtk2-cvs

With KDE 3.2 I can´t start sylpheed at all.

find / -name libgpgme.so* show this:

/usr/lib/libgpgme.so.11
/usr/lib/libgpgme.so
/usr/lib/libgpgme.so.11.1.0

Compiling sylpheed without gpgme support and then starting is no problem.

gcc is 3.2.3, glibc 2.3.2, kernel 2.6.3-ck2,

Thanks a lot,

Mike