tar bump patch && patch_it bug

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 09:41:30 GMT 2004

Well tar-1.13.93 will only compile using your patch as a dynamic binary.
Even with your patch the source still will NOT compile as a static binary
which is required for the Lunar install/rescue ISO image.  Seems like the
later alpha versions of tar are seriously broken.

tar-1.13.92 also gives the exact same problem, no static binary compile
completes.  Tested with gcc-3.3.3, as the next Lunar ISO will be using
that version of gcc3.

make LDFLAGS=-static doesn't work nor does:

LDFLAGS=-static ./configure ...

Both result in gcc compile time errors about sizes of structs changing.

Terry Chan