tar bump patch && patch_it bug

Jerry Lundström jerry.lundstrom at it.su.se
Thu Feb 26 10:18:14 GMT 2004

Terry Chan wrote:
> tar-1.13.25 was chosen from alpha.gnu.org because the tar developers
> had not updated regular tar in over two years and we needed/wanted
> some of the bug fixes and the bzip2 handling.
>
> What features/bug fixes from tar-1.13.93 are necessary ?

Lastest tar fixes one bug that I depend on, when untaring an archive
using a list (-T) tar 1.13.25 will not match the whole line, it will
just match the begining. tar 1.13.93 matches the whole line as its
suppose to do.

Other then that i havn't read whats changed the last 2-3 years but I
can't imagine that its anything bad, what you just see from the --help
is more support for more formats, utf8 and more.