kernel modules

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Dec 10 12:17:39 UTC 2004

Dennis Veatch wrote:

>Just did a "lunar update" and it asked the following'
>
>Starting update of installed modules
>+ Discovering modules that were removed from moonbase
>kernel-headers-2.6 was removed from /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>kernel-headers-2.6:  Do you want to remove kernel-headers-2.6 ? [y] y
>Unable to find module kernel-headers-2.6 in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>Unable to find module kernel-headers-2.6 in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>+ removing module from dependency listing and configs
>+ updating lunar state files after module removal
>Removed module: kernel-headers-2.6
>linux-2.6-prepatch was removed from /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>linux-2.6-prepatch:  Do you want to remove linux-2.6-prepatch ? [y] y
>Unable to find module linux-2.6-prepatch in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>Unable to find module linux-2.6-prepatch in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
>+ removing module from dependency listing and configs
>+ removing all depends for and optional on "linux-2.6-prepatch"
>+ updating lunar state files after module removal
>Removed module: linux-2.6-prepatch
>

>Now "/var/lib/lunar/moonbase/kernel" is empty. Did I happen to catch things in
>the middle of an update or is this an error?

There are some fishy things going on with the moonbase exports on
espresso. Unfortunately this causes some sections of moonbase to
'disappear' off-radar for no reason. I'm currently trying to circumvent
this by exporting the moonbase in a different way. Please select 'n'
when during a moonbase it asks you to remove modules in the meantime.

sofar