libIDL fails build

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 10:25:18 GMT 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 06:17 am, nestu wrote:
> Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Building libIDL
> > Missing libIDL-0.8.3.tar.bz2
> > Lunar Install aborting.
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/libIDL-0.8.3.bz2
> > ! Problem detected during PRE_BUILD
> >

> > root at sidney /dev # lvu cd libIDL
> > bash-3.00# ls
> > BUILD  DEPENDS  DETAILS
> > bash-3.00# pwd
> > /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/gnome2-core/libIDL
>
> Hello, Dennis
> root at Himawari ~ # lvu installed libIDL
> 0.8.3
> Installed yesterday evening.
>
> So, reading your paste, I would say that the sources hasn't
> been downloaded. Can you please check in your spool
> directory if it is there or not? Double check your GNOME_URL
> settings, as it is downloaded from there (see DETAILS).
>
> If there are no sources, I would say that it is not exactly
> a build problem... IIRC, if no PRE_BUILD is supplied, the
> coretools "provides" one that unpacks the source. Yet still
> that isn't the reported problem by the coretools.
>
> Please double check.
> CU,
> nestu ;)

Hmm. I was going to say, yes the source was downloaded... twice, then that
error popped up. I even tried a relin with the same results... just to do a
sanity check before posting. However, now a relin and it works fine, all
without a logout, etc. So apparently the sanity check should have been more
complete and done on me.