kernel 2.6.8-rc3-mm1 compile failure

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Fri Aug 6 10:54:34 GMT 2004

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
I was going to bump the linux-beta-mm, when I saw this beauty:

<paste>

   LD      arch/i386/crypto/built-in.o
   CC      kernel/sched.o
kernel/sched.c: In function `show_schedstat':
kernel/sched.c:372: error: structure has no member named `sd'
kernel/sched.c:372: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:375: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:380: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:381: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:382: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:383: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:384: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:387: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:387: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:388: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
kernel/sched.c:388: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
make[1]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

</paste>

So I will obviously not bump something that doesn't even
compile. If anyone of you outthere decide to test it, and
get some good results, I could still bump (I would like at
least 2 OKs). If not, we could wait for another release (I
vote more for waiting, really). A new release shouldn't be
far away, in any case.
TIA,
nestu ;)
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)