error during 'make install'

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Wed Apr 7 15:15:13 GMT 2004

Would it be reasonable to modify lin so that anytime an update of an
existing
package failed AFTER the old package was removed or moved out of the way,
it would automatically resurrect the old version?   I haven't seen this
"no rule to
make install" failure recently, but 6-8 months ago it was eating my
lunch on
many updates!  Now I mainly see errors during post-install which keep lunar
from knowing the package got installed or updated.

Just a thought.

Carl Powers
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil><powers at copper.net>