error during 'make install'

Benoit Valiron bvaliron at ifrance.com
Wed Apr 7 16:50:34 GMT 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:52:54PM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
> Benoit Valiron wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I try to work out on the following error: when lining -c something already
> >installed, like "xpdf", or more annoying "glibc" I usually end up with
> >the following message:
> >
> >  make: ** no rule to make install **
> >
> >Analysing what was stored by lunar when installing "xpdf", I found that
> >he was storing part of the source directory, and in particular the
> >Makefile... I guess the problem is the same for the other packages.
> >
> >Then, before installing, lin is using lrm and remove the list of files
> >that are supposed to be the package. Then there is no way to install
> >anything since the Makefile disapeared.
>
> there has been only one other reference to this rumored bug, which was
> three weeks ago.
>
> >What I suggest is to make lrm only remove the files listed in the
> >install-log AND that are not the one in the src directory.
>
> it's supposed to do that already

I looked at the file "/sbin/lrm" and I didn't found any mention of test
refering to "$BUID_DIRECTORY". So I added one, and tried the packages
that were failing to compile when already installed, like xpdf or glibc,
and it's now working !

Here is a patch, I don't know if someone is willing to check it and put
it in the moonbase...

By the way, am I the only one who get "xpdf" failing when you
recompile it by "lin -c" ?

-- Benoit