error during 'make install'

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Apr 1 20:52:54 GMT 2004

Benoit Valiron wrote:
> Hello
>
> I try to work out on the following error: when lining -c something already
> installed, like "xpdf", or more annoying "glibc" I usually end up with
> the following message:
>
>   make: ** no rule to make install **
>
> Analysing what was stored by lunar when installing "xpdf", I found that
> he was storing part of the source directory, and in particular the
> Makefile... I guess the problem is the same for the other packages.
>
> Then, before installing, lin is using lrm and remove the list of files
> that are supposed to be the package. Then there is no way to install
> anything since the Makefile disapeared.

there has been only one other reference to this rumored bug, which was
three weeks ago.

> What I suggest is to make lrm only remove the files listed in the
> install-log AND that are not the one in the src directory.

it's supposed to do that already

> Do you want me to do something in that direction ?

if you could, then please see if you still have a
/var/spool/lunar/theedge.tar.bz2 (if you have theedge installed) or
lunar.tar.bz2. Send me (sofar at lunar-linux.org) a copy of that file so I
can crossreference. Also please send me the output of the following:

	lvu activity | grep -e lunar -e theedge -e moonbase | tail -100

this will hopefully provide me with some debugging info.

sofar