error during 'make install'

Benoit Valiron bvaliron at ifrance.com
Thu Apr 1 12:17:57 GMT 2004

Hello

I try to work out on the following error: when lining -c something already
installed, like "xpdf", or more annoying "glibc" I usually end up with
the following message:

  make: ** no rule to make install **

Analysing what was stored by lunar when installing "xpdf", I found that
he was storing part of the source directory, and in particular the
Makefile... I guess the problem is the same for the other packages.

Then, before installing, lin is using lrm and remove the list of files
that are supposed to be the package. Then there is no way to install
anything since the Makefile disapeared.

What I suggest is to make lrm only remove the files listed in the
install-log AND that are not the one in the src directory.

Could that make sense ?

Do you want me to do something in that direction ?

-- Ben