IBM ServeRAID

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 18:45:13 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 03:59 pm, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:54:30PM -0500, Terry Chan wrote:
> > No, this driver will not be added to the install iso.  You'll just have
> > to compile up your own kernel to mount your Raid hardware.  Similar
> > requests for other Raid drivers have also been turned down for inclusion
> > on the install ISO.
>
> *sigh*
>
> 1) Try the scsi/ips.o module, that's what I use for the ServeRAIDs I have.

Well ok, I did not know ips.o would work with the ServeRAID.

> > Its simply not possible to support every Raid driver, especially as there
> > are no clear "leaders" or most popular drivers, unlike the SCSI or IDE
> > support already present in the install ISO.
>
> The problem with the "raid" controllers, is that the IBMs without the
> ServeRAID is using the Fusion MPT, and *that* needs some non-scsi modules
> te get up, but then again, most of the lunar users doesn't apear to use
> enterprise systems :(
>
> Hendrik

Hmm.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."