IBM ServeRAID

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Wed Sep 24 21:59:47 GMT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:54:30PM -0500, Terry Chan wrote:
> No, this driver will not be added to the install iso.  You'll just have to compile up
> your own kernel to mount your Raid hardware.  Similar requests for other Raid drivers
> have also been turned down for inclusion on the install ISO.

*sigh*

1) Try the scsi/ips.o module, that's what I use for the ServeRAIDs I have.

> Its simply not possible to support every Raid driver, especially as there are no clear
> "leaders" or most popular drivers, unlike the SCSI or IDE support already present
> in the install ISO.

The problem with the "raid" controllers, is that the IBMs without the ServeRAID
is using the Fusion MPT, and *that* needs some non-scsi modules te get up,
but then again, most of the lunar users doesn't apear to use enterprise systems :(

Hendrik