Evolution problem: Permission denied locking '/bonobo-activation-register.lock

Sébastien Cérèze scereze at yahoo.fr
Sun Sep 21 22:04:22 GMT 2003

Hi nick,

I did recompile libbonobo first.
Now, running bonobo-slay doesn't fix the problem.
I am running 'failsafe gnome' because of the gdm
trouble. Could it be the reason ?

seb

exit out of xwindows and run bonobo-slay as user and
then restart your X
server and try again.  If that doesnt work then
restart your computer to
make sure it shuts down and restarts your bonobo
server correctly.

nick

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 02:26, Sébastien
Cérèze wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgrade to the new gnome on a box and now,
> evolution doesn't want to start
>
> bash-2.05b$ evolution
>
> ** (evolution:7829): WARNING **: Permission denied
> locking '/bonobo-activation-register.lock'
> (Killing old version of Wombat...)
>
> ** (evolution:7829): WARNING **: Extremely strange,
> strange object directories (0)registered with the
> activation context
>
> ** (evolution:7829): WARNING **: FIXME: wait for
> completion unimplemented
>

> What can i do to fix that ?
>
> seb

=====