EXT3-fs warning:?

Ralph Crongeyer rcrongeyer at rpicc.com
Fri May 23 10:53:37 GMT 2003

On Thursday 22 May 2003 06:09 pm, Terry Chan wrote:

Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

> And NO this cannot be done automatically during the boot process from
> your regular lunar hard drive install.

WHY??

Is this just a problem with Lunar Linux??
Because all other linux distros I have used are able to run e2fsck DURING
BOOT. If you look at the man page for fstab (here is a snipit from the man
page):

     The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to determine
     the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time.  The root
     filesystem should be specified with a fs_passno of 1, and other filesys-
     tems should have a fs_passno of 2.  Filesystems within a drive will be
     checked sequentially, but filesystems on different drives will be checked
     at the same time to utilize parallelism available in the hardware.  If
     the sixth field is not present or zero, a value of zero is returned and
     fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked.

Note the first line "done at reboot time.".

I have the sixth field set to 1 in fstab yet my system will not run the e2fsck
checks.

Anybody know how to set this up?

Ralph