Problem compiling xfree86

Grigorios Prasinos green at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Mar 26 16:16:56 GMT 2003

Hello again

Thanks for the reply.
If I understand correctly it seems that I can
safely ignore the "Unresolved symbols" messages (my xfree86 seem to run
well anyway). My card is an Ati mobility radeon 7500.

As for the configure options, I don't want to do anything special, I
just ask so as to know how much control (or trouble!) I can have when
I install a module. I'm satisfied with the options lunar passes
automatically.

However I do not like the idea of having a 10gb partition for lunar.
I can run a Mandrake installation with gnome etc. in under 2gb. I
though that lunar, by being a lean and efficient distro could live on
less space.

Concering combreloc: I didn't have any problems so far (compiled
binutils, glibc, xfree86 with it) but I read on some forums that
its use may be problematic so I just wanted to know what is the
experience of the other lunar users.

As for openmosix the "stable" moonbase does not have it... Maybe
a module is in development?

Thanks again for your reply,
-Grigoris Prasinos