freenode sillyness

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Tue Jun 24 09:19:47 GMT 2003

> Just to respond to this I am on freenode on tolkien.freenode.net, but
> there has been problems with the routes today lilo said earlier.
> Seems somehow they have everything routed to 127.0.0.1 which to say
> isnt good.  He said the problem will be fixed just didnt say when.  As
> of now I am in the #lunar rrom with about 16 ppl in.
>
> Nick

I see you nick .. ;o)

Here we go:

-lilo- [Global Notice] Hi all.  We're experiencing severe attacks and
we'll be shutting down the network piece by piece.  Thanks.

-lilo- [Global Notice] Looks as if that may have been a bit premature,
folks, at least for now things seem to be a bit better.  We'll try
bringing the two dropped main rotation servers back up.

-lilo- [Global Notice] Hi all. Current status:  the main rotation is
currently pointed to 127.0.0.1, and one of the MR servers is down, two
have been shut down since the problem started

-lilo- [Global Notice] We're currently trying to get a bit ahead on the
klines, but it's slow going

-lilo- [Global Notice] It's just the usual "summer in the US"
nonsense....apologies for the inconvenience, and we'll keep things going
as best we can. Thanks.

-lilo- [Global Notice] So, with the network pointing to 127.0.0.1, and
us churning out klines, maybe this is a good time to point out that we
need a new protocol. :)

... I guess it explains the situation.

Bye,

Moritz