Opinion: More Default Packages

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 07:25:21 GMT 2003

--- "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam at codegnome.org> wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2003, Victor Pelt wrote:
>
> Then why include *anything* but the kernel, bash,
> compiler, and wget? A
> distro *should* be useful "out of the box," even if
> in a minimalist way

Well, if I want something like that there are more
distros that I can handle. The reason why I use this
distro is that is SOURCE based. The whole flexibility
stay in this property. So, I think that the iso must
contain only the GET, COMPILE and REPAIR related
packages. The version numbers for packages bump
quickly and I don't want another "deprecated" iso.

Regards,
  Florin