new2lunar

HornGábor Horn.Gabor at aktiv.co.hu
Wed Feb 26 14:04:37 GMT 2003

Hi Ben!

Imho u can check the existing partition names either  w/ an already
installed linux (u mentioned suse) or by burning a knoppix cd and
booting it. Just type a cat /proc/partitions and u'll see how your
system handles the different partitions. And getting a working lilo
config seems easier way for me too, make a dos/win boot floppy if u r
more familiar w/ that, and w/ an

fdisk /mbr

u can clean your mbr if anything goes wrong. Or use the knoppix cd to
rescue your system if u do anything fatal w/ lilo. But usually lilo will
refuse install if u do sg seriously wrong in it's config, so don't be
affraid it's very hard to make a system unrecovarable w/ only lilo. A
rescue cd and the chroot command will help u out even from an unworking
kernel.

bye, hirisov