Aggressive Kernel

Keith Adney groundrush at cogeco.ca
Wed Feb 19 16:16:16 GMT 2003

Rick -

> Well, yes, since at this point I'm booting via CD. I'm
> still trying to figure out how to get the Lunar LILO and
> the Mandrake LILO integrated.

> > Well, that would be a rather important note.
> > The kernel on the CD is built with the aggressive patch.

BINGO! That explains a lot. Sorry for not mentioning that
previously - as stated, at this point I don't know what's
interacting with what. Guess I proved it. <B>

> > When you go to build a module for your NIC, it sees
> > that you are running an aggressive kernel currently
> > and refuses to run the non-aggressive module you built.

Yep, it all makes sense now...

> > You're gonna need to figure out LILO and boot directly
> > off the hard drive before this will work properly.

I haven't had to "figure out" LILO/Grub w/about 6 previous
distros - they've always figured themselves out, including
dual-booting. It's more like I need to learn how it's used in
Lunar, I believe?  ;)

I'm using Mandrake 9.0 as O/S #1, booting from LILO
on MBR in graphics mode. Lunar is O/S #2. It (or
something nearly identical) outhg to be a fairly common
combo? What do I need to do? Can I set up the
dual-boot stuff via Mandrake?

Regards...Keith