X-Windows install problem

Terry Chan tpchan at attbi.com
Mon Feb 17 09:25:18 GMT 2003

The problem you are having with loading your shared libraries is a
bug in the Lunar 1.2 ISO.  The solution is:

lin binutils glibc

That will correct the defective /sbin/ldconfig you have on your
system.  Please check the size of /etc/ld.so.conf -- it should be around
50Kbytes, not 64 bytes.  This problem has already been corrected for
the next Lunar ISO, which is awaiting release.

After the two compiles above are finished, your /etc/ld.so.conf will have
been rebuilt by running ldconfig for you automatically and the size of
that file should go up accordingly.

No need to rebuild Xfree86, its just a library configuration problem.

Terry Chan