Any interest in 64bit x86_64 port?

Mike Marion mmarion at miguelito.org
Fri Dec 19 14:08:24 GMT 2003

Quoting Mike Marion <mmarion at miguelito.org>:

> I might play around with 2.6.0 tonight too... I like devfs and was used to
> it,
> and moving back to old device names has been somewhat of an inconvenience.
>
> > Some of the changes you mentioned have been incorporated into more recent
> > lunar ISOs.  The latest testing ISO is available at
> > http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-20031210-1.iso.bz2.
>
> Ah.. excellent.  It might just save time if I download that and put my
> 64bit
> kernel/packages in there.
>
> > You'll probably need to use a more recent iso and recompile and fix
> > scripts again.  The 20031210-1 iso will eventually become the 1.3.3 iso.
>
> I'll see if I can't do this today/tonight.

Well I didn't quite get it all done last night, but almost.  If not tonight, I
should definitely have a working iso (for the new iso version) done this weekend.

I also just started using 2.6.0 with devfs back on as it takes care of a lot
of the hacks I had to do in the installer... and makes the system more like
the lunar we already know and love. :)

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Staff Engineer-http://www.miguelito.org
"If the government were to set technology standards," said Richard Diamond, a